Finance Business Partner - Finance Transformation - 12 month Fixed Term Opportunity/Secondment
At AstraZeneca every one of our employeesmakes a difference to patient lives everyday. You may not feel you're at the frontline of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do and to always put patients first.
AstraZeneca's Finance Transformation (FT) programme has a clear vision to modernise Finance, becoming trusted partners, creating value and leading change. As such, Finance has a pivotal role to play in shaping AstraZeneca’s long-term financial health, partnering to deliver great results through insight, delivering excellence in financial operations and safeguarding AstraZeneca’s assets and reputation.
The Finance Transformation Programme is in its second phase, having already made a fundamental and positive improvement in the way that finance operates globally. A portfolio of projects has been identified to deliver further value. These are substantial projects that change the game for AZ.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will provide all finance support to ensure the strategic and operational goals of the Programme are delivered from a finance, cost and benefits perspective. You will be a key part of the Leadership Team decision making cycle.
Specifically, working directly with the FT Leadership team, and across the full FT programme, you will be fully responsible for providing expert Finance and Controllership advice, guidance and support. You will agree a reporting rhythm and Management Information pack, owning all financial information that is used within FT including benefits cases, actuals, forecasts and budget cycles. You will ensure that all AZ Policies and Standards are met, and that reliable information is provided. You will work with the Central PMO team and HR Business Partner to ensure that single source of the truth resource tracking is in place and with the Procurement Business Partner to manage Schedule of Work (‘SoW’) establishment and maintenance.
- Develop and provide a Management Information cycle.
- Validate and maintain all business case information.
- Manage all AZ financial cycles, ensuring that these are well planned and executed for the FT LT
- Connect FT internal and external stakeholders, corporate finance, service providers and projects to manage financial performance and adhere to financial governance and compliance.
- Validate all contractor Schedules of Work to ensure alignment with Master Services Agreement, proactively forecasting and planning all renewal activity to ensure support continuity.
- Due to the confidential nature, accountability for the Programme manpower and resource database, in partnership with HR and PMO. Ensure that this forms the basis of all financial cycles and management reporting.
- Act as a finance partner across relevant project areas and lead key cross-project Finance processes
- Mitigate finance risk/realise the value of opportunities
- Establish and communicate Programme finance processes and granular financial reporting requirements
- Coach and deliver effective financial management; develop the professional capability of the Programme Finances and financial understanding of non-finance team members
- Manage compliance with regulatory; governance and internal processes and procedures
- Have good understanding of business environment and relevant Finance area strategy and how the AZ Finance function strategy aligns the Programme and overall strategy
Essential experience required:
- Managed complex >$50m Programme budget experience
- CIMA/ACCA qualified or other Finance/Business qualification
- Extensive work experience in Finance Function
- Significant experience of working across a global organisation
- In-depth understanding of regulatory/statutory requirements and governance principles/SOX
- Experience of working with senior Management
- Varied range of experiences in specialist Finance with specific expertise in related specialist area
- Team leadership / management experience
- Project Management and Project accounting
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.