Global Service Operations Lead
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
High Level Function and Role Overview
The purpose of Service Excellence is to ensure we provide world class IT service to our customers through the execution of world class IT Service Management processes as well as to utilize the current processes and technologies to reduce the overall cycle time of all IT outages. In addition, we continue to enhance our ability to detect IT outages prior to the business being impacted. As we continue to digitize our business, it is essential that we have the right support services to ensure continuity of service.
The Global Service Operations Lead role will:
- Lead a global function focused on reduction of downtime to AZ business through the establishment of proactive service operations (Major Incident Management and Service Observability) and a target of zero business disruption
- Drive delivery of AIOps strategy and vision
- Fully understand critical business outcomes and IT dependencies
- Lead introduction of end-to-end proactive monitoring capability (Observability)
- Embed proficient tooling and correct practices to achieve outcomes
- Reports to the Global Service Excellence Director within the End User Services function.
- Direct accountability for the Command Centre and Incident management processes & teams.
- Accountable for definition and delivery of the future IT Operations organisational model (including adoption of LEAN ways of working, Machine Learning and AI)
- Develop holistic real-time monitoring of critical applications that support critical business outcomes
- Develop and utilise effective end to end monitoring best practices
- Continually review current monitoring capability and modify to ensure effectiveness
- Identify requirements, develop specifications and validate any enhancements to platforms, assessing change to ensure the impact of business applications is minimalised
- Own reduction of Incident Cycle time via improved time to detection and enhance monitoring
- Act as a key escalation point for high-priority service failures, and drive the resolution of the same in line with AstraZeneca business critical priorities.
- Contribute to service management processes, including configuration and implementation of Incident Management processes.
- Work across the IT and Business organisation to fully understand the business impact caused by any critical outages
- Contribute to Service Review Boards and ensure that customer satisfaction scorecard activities are effectively addressed.
- Ensure that, in all aspects of the role, compliance is maintained with the guidelines that regulate the AZ business, e.g SoX and GxP.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of Global IT Operations and of running in ITIL based support operations with business critical systems.
- IT Technical and functional support background.
- Incident and Problem Management experience.
- Experience of developing and enhancing the running of a proactive monitoring capability (Observability)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people management skills and demonstrative skills in developing high performing global teams
- Able to work across IT teams demonstrating good collaboration skills and relentlessly pursuing operational excellence.
- Familiarity of working in an international, multi-time zone support environment.
- Key stakeholder management.
- Direct Reports – Yes
- Budget Responsibility – Yes
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.