Strategic Planning and Reporting Finance Lead
At AstraZeneca every one of our employeesmakes a difference to patient lives everyday. Our science lives beyond our labs – our global perspective means we use talent and expertise from all over the world to make our medicines a success.
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are daring, take risks and learn from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; an environment that energises and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
We are looking for a strong talent to join the team as our Strategic Planning and Reporting Finance Lead. In this role you will lead on all financial planning activities (LRP, RBU’s & business Planning) and be responsible for robust and timely submissions. You will also be take responsibility for the delivery of accurate and timely business performance information to key UKMC stakeholders (including Senior Management Team (SMT), Senior Leadership Team (CLT), brand teams, sales teams) and regional Finance and well as lead on the development and implementation of UKMC Finance information strategy
Typical responsibilities will include:
Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Lead on all financial planning / forecasting activities including business plan, RBU’s and LRP.
- Production of submission packs, supporting analysis, Development of presentation.
- Interface with the regional Finance team to agree key business information requirements.
- Define planning approach to meet UKMC and regional requirements.
- Communicate the planning timetable, process and expectations to all key stakeholders.
- Manage planning reviews with CFO / SMT to ensure suitable reviews and signoff.
- Develop suitable system solutions / enhancements to Global Planning tool to support efficient planning approach
Business Performance Reporting
- Responsible for monthly reporting including parallel trade submissions, commentaries to the region and the UKMC Business performance report
- Understands and shares key performance headlines and drivers with senior management and leadership teams.
- Provides clarity and visibility on variances / movements across all elements of the P&L and headcount.
- Development of business performance report aligned to balance scorecard (Cause & Effect)
- Integration of all business performance reporting
- Simplification, through automation linking to data warehouse
- Manages UKMC regional business review agendas with SMT
- Communicates requirements to business and sets expectations of quarterly business reviews with input from key stakeholders.
- Manage preparation and analysis for regional Quarterly
- Ensure integrity of Global reporting and integration to management packs where appropriate
Finance information strategy
- Understands information needs to inform / diagnose business performance.
- Leads development and implementation of UKMC finance transformation in planning and reporting, to contain key business information
- Drive automation of business performance reporting.
- Development and ownership of UKMC finance knowledge centre to inform key business.
- Represent the UKMC in the development and maintenance of appropriate Global systems to collect and report information.
- Ensure Finance systems are maintained and updated in line with local and regional requirements.
Strategic Business Partnering
- Develop a thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical market to knowledgeably support decision making across the UKMC.
- Own cross company resource planning (Channels, field, Head office)
- Strategic Finance Lead across UKMC portfolio and company specific projects.
- Lead Cross functional projects where required
- Collaborate with Xceed teams / Business partners to resolve business issues / improve (inc simplification) processes
- Provide process challenge across Finance to drive for simplification
Developing people to deliver high performance
- Virtual Management of two IFS FF&A analysts
- Input in the measurable performance objectives setting of IFS analysts in line with company scorecard and functional objectives.
- Input in the regular performance reviews of IFS analysts
- Deliver on the job coaching of IFS analysts
Member of Finance Community
- Promotes and contributes to the Finance team in order to share information, drive best practice finance solutions in reporting, analysis, decision support and business partnering
- Contributes to the development and delivery of the Finance functional strategy
- Leads / a member of finance project teams to deliver initiatives
- Business/Finance degree and Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Proven experience within a SeniorFinancial Planning & Reporting position
- Excellent analytical and written/oral communication skills including regular presentation to Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Experience of working closely with a range of partners across finance and non finance functions including Analyst through to Senior Leadership team members
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance technical capability with commercial delivery and a strong improvement mindset
- Available for occasional travel
- Experience working within Pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience working in a global matrix organisation
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.