Oncology Tumour Director - Medical Information
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Tumor Director is accountable for development and leadership of the Oncology Global and US Medical Information Tumor Area strategy, including optimizing resource efficiency, best practice sharing, planning, and alignment of priorities. This role is also accountable for the leadership of a team of first-line managers and other Medical Information professionals. This role will be part of the Oncology Medical Information Leadership Team and will contribute to the overall Global and US MI strategy and delivery of team objectives.
- Accountable for leadership and direction of a Tumor Global and US Area Team, including leadership of a Tumor area strategy, leadership of first-line managers and other Medical Information professionals, optimization of resources, best practice sharing, planning and alignment of priorities.
- As a member of the Medical Information Leadership Team, contribute to the development of the Global and US Medical Information strategy and objectives.
- As a member of the Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area Leadership Team, contribute to the development of the Tumor Global and US Area strategy and objectives.
- Accountable to MI Head to ensure MI Tumor Global and US Area objectives are aligned to AstraZeneca and Medical Affairs business and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the integration and management of applicable Medical Information deliverables including budget, metrics and analysis, and project management.
- Enables best practice sharing and consistent use of commonly defined processes, tools, and templates across the Tumor Area.
- Facilitates timely and effective decision-making within the Global and US Tumor Area Team
- Provides business and resource planning leadership for Tumor Area
- Support the collaboration with key Global and US stakeholders to identify creative and innovative approaches to scientific information delivery for the Global and US Tumor Area, including working with the Field medical teams and Rest of World Medical Leaders.
- Anticipates leadership development needs through demonstrated broad business perspective and effective needs analysis.
- Provides analysis and expertise to facilitate timely and effective decision making for the Global and US Tumor Area resource planning and management (eg, budget); business planning and strategy; and policy decisions to anticipate and/or resolve risks/issues.
- Coordinates with Medical Information and Medical Affairs Leadership across Global and US to develop, manage and maintain processes and technologies that maximize effective and efficient delivery of Scientific content
- Responsible for the development or review of Global and US processes, guidance, job aids, and related documents for Medical Information
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline or applicable health sciences field (eg, PharmD, PhD, MD) or equivalent
- Proven leadership/management of Medical Information Teams
- Deep pharmaceutical or related medical experience
- Demonstrated experience in drug information and knowledge of applicable regulations
- Experience in developing new services & programs
- Well developed project management skills
- Highly developed communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in performance development of team members
- Experience in strategic planning process
- Results driven, customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, teams and resources (suppliers and budgets)
- Understanding of the business, and the strategic impact role has on business outcomes
- Patient-care experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.