Senior Statistician Pre-Clinical
Location: Cambridge, UK
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Are you a dedicated and curious applied Statistician? Would you like to join us on our journey where your contributions supporting our preclinical and nonclinical scientists will have a profound impact on R&D?
We see you as our new Senior Statistician Pre-Clinical in our Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology department based in Cambridge, UK. The team you will join is built up of biostatisticians, bioinformaticians, machine-learning specialists and image analysts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will need to apply and further develop your statistical knowledge to collaborate with researchers in a variety of project teams. To be successful in this, you will have a problem-solving mindset and a perceptive approach. You will work on multiple projects to provide support for programs, such as drug discovery, pre-clinical in-vivo or in vitro studies, assay and process development, quality control, and various ‘omics platforms.
We will rely on you to:
- Identify and deliver solutions for addressing key biological questions through statistics
- Build relationships with stakeholders to demonstrate value of statistics across AZ
- Communicate statistical concepts and results to engage a diverse audience
- Improve the underlying statistical capabilities and awareness of stakeholders
- Contribute to and lead both local and global projects
- Engage with external collaborators via publications and presentations
- A self-started who works independently driving projects forward.
- Be innovative in the identifying areas where you can have impact, in the statistical solutions you propose and in how you engage with the stakeholders.
We believe that your focus is set on solving challenging problems through collaboration and partnerships. You are an expert in your field and you know that the best results are achieved by utilizing the strengths of every individual.
- PhD in statistics, mathematics, data science or equivalent experience
- Programming experience with R, Python, or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians
- Sound understanding of statistics methods and applications.
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience in applying statistics to biological problems
- Experience in exploring and optimizing experimental design
- General knowledge of the drug research and development process
If you are interested, apply now!
For more information about the position please contact UK (Natasha Karp) or USA (Steven Novick)
We welcome your application no later than 31st January 2020.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.