Lead Business Analyst
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
What you’ll be doing
You'll work in IT helping to deliver the best science IT capabilities in biopharma, which we define as agile, responsive and fit-for-future. In the era of digital health, AI and big data, IT is a game changing partner in transforming our pipeline into the best medicines for our patients. It’s a great time to join an IT organisation in R&D as we shift from service provider to transformative partner. You'll be focussed on late-science, helping the scientists articulate the improvement opportunity and shaping those opportunities into actionable proposals and then partner with them to deliver it.
The Business Analyst performs business analysis and design either alone delivering small to medium size business change activities; or as a member or lead of a BA team in a large or global business change. The Business Analyst operates with a high level of interactive communication, demonstrating high levels of inclusion and cultural sensitivity. The role will partner with the Business Relationship Manager, taking responsibility to deliver high quality business cases, business process designs and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards and business solution needs. The Business Analyst will share best practices in relevant communities of practice, contributing to internal IT processes and standards for business analysis and design.
As the Lead Business, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all business analysis resource across the programme, as well as being involved in the day-to-day hands on operational activities. This role would lend itself well to someone within a Senior/Lead position currently and looking for an opportunity to build on their leadership skills for the future.
You will work with business units in the late sciences focused on leading the delivery of projects, including and aligned with Our Future Re-imagined Work streams. You will work collaboratively with other IT team members and be expected to develop and leverage relationships with strategic external partners and a global IT matrix.
The core accountabilities of the role include:
The Business Analyst is expected to perform at Advanced level in the following:
- Agile – Working closely with front line end-users and Product Owners to discover, research and capture their needs. Creating Personas and User Journeys reflecting the User Research to take into Design and Delivery. Working with Experience Designers to create wireframes and prototypes to bring solution options to life. Working closely with Product Owners to create and maintain a prioritised service & product backlog. The preparation and readiness of the product backlog items (e.g. user stories) to be taken into delivery sprints. Working with those across the Agile delivery lifecycle including Delivery Management, UX, Creative, Architecture, Development, Integration, Test, Business Change, Project and Release Management
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals. Actively monitors and identifies capability gaps and proposes potential solutions through research internally and externally.
- Business Analysis Planning - Selects the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in scoping and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and managing their own and other team member’s activities to meet deliverables and deadlines. Accountable for performance and quality of analytical work delivered, both their own and the work of others.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - Effectively identifies stakeholders from all areas of the business, and actively builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Responsible and accountable for requirements management plans including elicitation, approvals, processes, RAID and scope impacts. Advanced requirements elicitation and management skill-set; including traceability, testing and validation. Leads the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Solution Evaluation - Highly proficient in analysing and assessing solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, maximizing value vs. spend.
Work collaboratively with
- Business Stakeholders to ensure that solutions fulfil their future strategic needs and challenges Business Relationship Managers to develop and maintain the business relationship, support business process change and act as point of contact for application development Business customers to identify business requirements and effectively communicate impact, cost and benefits of new and changed demands Process owners to identify and devise solutions that optimize business process performance, capability and competitiveness IT Architecture, Delivery and Support to ensure clear understanding of requirements and effective testing so that the solutions delivered to the business are efficient and effective, meeting the customer experience expectations.
Work collaboratively with or take responsibility for:
- Test Lead to define the testing approach and the components of testing to ensure traceability of requirements and effectiveness of overall solution. Change Management/Communication Lead to ensure the Change Management and Communications plans and delivery support the Stakeholder Analysis.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Proven experience of successfully deploying a variety of business analysis tools/techniques to enable business change
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology
- Proven experience of working with complex integrated systems, using creative and strategic thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Strong engagement, communication and stakeholder management skills, including excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of virtual collaboration to lead, shape and develop innovative solutions
- Experience of mentoring, coaching or developing others
- Experience of working with and managing third party suppliers/vendors
Are you ready to make a difference? Send in your application, and we’ll make it happen together.
At AstraZeneca we’ll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we’ve built an extraordinary international working environment with outstanding opportunities for teamwork and innovation. If you’re inspired to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.