At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Data Scientist you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Are you a skilled Data Scientist with a proven track record of implementing data science? Do you possess strong software development, machine learning and database skills? Would you like to join a forward-thinking and entrepreneurial business where absolutely everyone can thrive?
We are expanding our Data & Analytics team and want to recruit a dedicated Data Scientist to help us deliver industry-leading analytics solutions to global functions across AstraZeneca.
We believe that you are a true data authority and will curate, integrate and exploit data to bring the insight to life. The team operates in a highly cross disciplinary environment in close collaboration with a broad variety of expert teams across the company.
Your combination of data science expertise and natural sciences understanding is the fundamental for your potential. This role will challenge and encourage you to execute and develop as a scientist in a highly creative atmosphere. You will apply your knowledge in data science methodologies to tackle challenging areas, from developing a patient journey using real-world patient data, to predicting high-prescribing physicians. The variety of your role provides impact across the business.
You will join a highly collaborative environment where you can exchange ideas with several other authorities in the field, and where plans are put into practice. Your scientific experience combined with your high ambition and enthusiasm gives you a superb opportunity to influence the development of AstraZeneca’s future.
- Establish strong working relationships with the team to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into the appropriate data problem, model and analytical solutions
- Develop a robust understanding of relevant AZ data sources and their provenance, quality and structure
- Work with engineering and architecture to support large scale data preparation, the optimisation of analytics platforms and the industrialisation of proven analytics methods
- Undertake business analysis and business process analysis as part of solution design process
- Be an active member of the Data Science team. You will benefit from, and contribute to, our expanding data science code repository and work efficiently with our data science environment. You will get involved in testing and assessing the quality of new tools. It’s also likely you’ll get involved in team recruitment, training provision and coaching.
- Developing, maintaining and applying ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, standard methodology and new developments in analytics and data science
We see you as our future data creativity leader - passionate for exploiting data and eager to join our fast-paced multidisciplinary team. You have a PhD or MSc in computer science, chemistry, life sciences, statistics or another similar discipline. You will have a high degree of independence as well as collaboration skills.
- Validated expertise in programming languages, especially Python and R.
- Expertise in machine learning using unsupervised and supervised methods, and text analytics
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in version control, cloud computing and visualisation tools (e.g. R, PowerBI, Spotfire) and ability to tell a story with data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and in writing
If you are interested, apply now!
At AstraZeneca we’ll make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you. To do this, we’ve built an extraordinary international working environment with outstanding opportunities for collaboration and innovation. If you’re encouraged to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.