Senior Director, Global Launch & Sales Excellence
Title: Senior Director, Global Launch & Sales Excellence
Location: Luton, UK | Wilmington US
Global Insight, Analytics and Commercial Excellence Overview
The Global Insight, Analytics and Commercial Excellence (GAICE) organisation’s purpose is to accelerate business growth by driving decisions that make an impact across the product lifecycle.
There are three strategic priorities:
Deliver growth and TA leadership
- Outstanding launch execution in key markets
- Best in class capabilities globally and locally
Accelerate innovative science
- Superior patient and HCP insights to drive investment decisions
- Disruptive insights leveraging advanced methodologies
Be a great place to work
- Innovative and influential leaders
- The right mix of simplification, execution and innovation
Global Commercial Excellence (GCE) Overview
A new global function akin to a centre of excellence bringing together >50 global and US experts across Launch, Sales, Marketing and Strategic Account Management (SAM) Excellence, Patient Centricity, Commercial Effectiveness, Learning Transormation and US Commercial Learning and Innovation Centre (CLIC).
GCE is accountable for re imagining, identifying and building future best-in-class capabilities, frameworks, tools and learning experiences, and through this enabling our partners to deliver BBU strategic priorities.
Our aim is to build a new world-class GCE organization reimagined for 2025. Focused on leading the transformation of the Global Commercial Excellence and Learning Experience agenda centered around the strategic themes of Growth Through Innovation, Patient-centricity & Value
Aligned with strategic priorities to accelerate growth Global but aligned with top 7 markets (plus Japan and China as appropriate) Focused on launch brands Seamless collaboration with GIACE & Global colleagues to support CVRM/Respiratory TAs and Priority Markets Centre of excellence/specialist expertise leading to innovative, scalable & impactful solutions
Candidate Focus and Challenge – Job Description
- Member of GCE LT
- Leader of Subject Matter Expert Team comprising Global Sales Excellence, Global Launch Excellence and Global Commercial Effectiveness (CE).
- Key focus is the development of new world class capability builds, frameworks, assessments tools/programmes in the areas of Sales, Launch, and CE.
- To work closely with critical stakeholders across Global Commercial Operations, G7 countries (plus Japan and China where appropriate), Regions, GDCI and GBS to drive the AZ Growth Through Innovation Strategy supporting the BBU Scorecard.
- To work with the Commercial leadership to build the commercial effectiveness strategy of our company through the development and implementation of leading-edge capability programmes that address our business priorities and the evolving AZ portfolio.
- Lead, manage, and actively participate in the ongoing development of the all key AZ Capability Transformation Programmes and future interventions in Sales, Launch and CE
- Oversee creation of world class learning experiences with content available through VOLT (Virtual Online Training Tools)
Job Dimensions – Resources Available
- Global Launch Excellence Director x1
- Global Sales Excellence Director x1
- Global Commercial Effectiveness Director x2
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Life sciences/Business
- Extensive pharma experience in commercial roles with increasing seniority including Global experience
- Significant experience of sales excellence principles, processes and metrics; plus demonstrable success in leading sales teams
- Significant experience of launch excellence principles, processes, and metrics; plus demonstrable experience launching brands in a Local and Global environment
- Commercial Effectiveness - demonstrable experience and understanding of key SFE principles, processes and metrics
- Strong demonstration of managing complexity, cross functional working and effective senior stakeholder engagement
- Ability to communicate, influence and deliver impactful change across all levels of seniority and multiple cultures
- Demonstrated strong track record of success in commercial and capability building roles within Sales, Launch, and CE.
- Significant experience of senior commercial leadership roles with strategic, financial and people leadership skills in a cross-functional environment
- Masters qualification in Business, e.g. MBA
- Experience in CVRM and Respiratory in both Primary and Specialist care settings.
- Experience of project management including external vendors, to time and budget to deliver successful outcomes
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.