Global Pricing & Market Access Director - Oncology
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all our people.
We’re currently looking for a Global Pricing & Market Access Director to join our Oncology Market Access and Pricing (OMAP) team, supporting our growing oncology pipeline.
The global OMAP team are an experienced team of specialists with many different skills, aligned to a common objective – we lead by shaping the payer environment; create and deliver highly valued market access solutions to unlock the potential of our life changing medicines for patients
This is accomplished by working with R&D, global commercial, local markets and external partners and experts to ensure that credible and timely insights are available at every stage of the development and commercialisation process.
You will work directly with our health economics and payer evidence team, reimbursement agencies, global cross functional and country teams and senior management. You will lead advisory boards and payer market research, the price and reimbursement input into forecasting and business investment and commercialisation decisions.
You may represent OMAP on the Global Project Team, sit on the Global Brand Team, as well as lead the Global Payer Team, developing close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues in across the business, both globally and locally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Global Price and Market Access Strategy
- Global Price Policy and its strategic implementation
- Matrix manage a cross functional team to support the development of global price and market access strategy, and align with the payer evidence strategy
- Revise as needed pricing & market access strategies and value stories, to optimize the value of life cycle management opportunities.
- Drive the required payer insights to ensure robust and validated price & reimbursement strategies.
- Develop price and market access inputs into forecasts and business cases and ensure assumptions are aligned across the brand portfolio to give a robust forecast.
- Develop value messages and claims, ensuring target product profiles and target claims can meet payer needs.
- College/Graduate degree in biomedical science, business, or economics.
- Global Pricing and Market Access experience
- Relevant Drug Development and/or Commercialization experience within the pharmaceutical/medical industry.
- Knowledge of the needs and expectations of national and regional payers, insurers, and commercial customers in our strategic markets.
- Several years of previous project leadership experience in the generation of payer evidence or development/execution of payer commercial strategies (e.g. Health Economics, Market Access, Pricing).
- Ability to make reasoned decisions under pressure
- Ability to take people with you and bring the best out of others
- Excellence and precision in communication: credible and persuasive
- Oncology Therapy Area expertise, including Oncology launch experience.
- Experience working with clinicians, pharmacists and payers on evidence-based customer solutions, e.g. through working with local payers in EU or commercial customers in the US.
- Experience in a commercial strategy function, e.g. managed markets brand director, business development director, head of pricing/access.
- Experience constructing payer value stories and incorporating these into TPPs
- Experience in country or regional pharmaceutical role
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.