Solution Architect - Omics
At AstraZeneca we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
In 2018 Forbes rated us the No1 globally for innovation in pharmaceuticals. If you want to be part of an innovative organisation, with an ambition and capability to make a meaningful difference to patients' lives then come and talk to us.
What you'll be doing:
You'll work in Early Science IT. In the era of digital health, AI and big data, IT is a groundbreaking partner in making digital R&D a reality. Early Science is dynamic and constantly evolving, and our IT capabilities need to be responsive and fit-for-the future to support emerging science needs.
As a solution architect in Early Science IT, you'll be designing solutions that will form a part of our foundational data platform for science, aligned to AstraZeneca’s data science and AI strategy. You'll be providing the architectural leadership to craft requirements and opportunities into well-architected solutions across cloud and on-premise infrastructure. You will find opportunities for innovation in your delivery, leveraging emerging technologies and methodology standard methodologies externally and internally.
You will work closely with colleagues across the wider IT organisation, including business analysts, data engineers and data scientists, as well as commercial software suppliers. As a solution architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that the solutions you help deliver form an integral part of the global IT estate and align with the wider Enterprise reference architecture and domain roadmaps. You will need to be a good communicator and have a reciprocal delivery approach.
If you have a real passion for crafting and delivering well-architected solutions that will delight our scientists, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Example Areas of Focus include:
- Supporting the architecture direction and solution delivery in the growing area of genomics and multi-omics, ensuring optimal dataflow and processes both on premise and in the cloud.
- Working with external partners in the delivery of collaborative solutions that support Open Innovation whilst ensuring architectural standards are maintained
- Delivery of the platform components to enable the next generation of augmented drug design
- Collaborate with the Information Architecture capability to incorporate standard methodology information management into upfront solution design
- Advise and support the IT Lead and business relationship managers on all aspects of architecture delivery aligned to strategic road-maps
A bit about you:
- You'll be an architect first. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience with a range of infrastructures and technology stacks needed to support global solutions
- Experience of designing/developing innovative solutions, blueprints, and standards for solution design.
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud and orchestration technologies.
- Practical experience in agile delivery of complex IT projects, including interpretation of the non-functional requirements associated with successful implementation
- Knowledge of current and new technologies and their applicability to the Science domain.
- We expect people to build strong domain (science) and technology (IT) skills and we need architects who can focus on and deliver value in the Early Science domain. Ideally the Solution Architect will have:
- A deep understanding of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Knowledge of the types of technical solutions employed and the associated data collected in early drug discovery (e.g. in Target Identification; Medicinal Chemistry; Drug Safety & Metabolism areas)
- Understanding of the high-level business processes/workflows and associated dataflow across the early science domain
- Knowledge of one of the following business areas
- Omics [Genomics/ Proteomics / Transcriptomics / Metabolomics]
Next Steps – Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.