Medical Information Operations Excellence Manager
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director- MI Operations Excellence, the Operations Excellence Manager for Medical Information (MI) is responsible for supporting the creation the operations, innovation and communications strategy and is responsible for driving the tactical implementation and execution. This individual will be responsible for ensuring prioritized initiatives are identified, implemented, and the outcomes measured. The Operations Excellence Manager will act as an intermediary between MI and its multiple stakeholders, including Biopharmaceuticals Medical, Oncology Business Unit Medical and Local Markets, to provide MI operational management and impactful communications.
- Developing and maintaining the stakeholder management plan, conducting continuous stakeholder analysis, and working cross-functionally to align on strategy and plans
- Build strong strategic relationships with stakeholders, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assessing and prioritizing MI requirements in line with IT strategy, and influencing IT strategy where appropriate
- Contribute to the overall development of MI Operational Strategic goals, objectives and timelines
- Effectively prioritize and plan objectives to meet critical deadlines and ensure optimization of resources/assets
- Accountable for ensuring the MI deliverables are on schedule, within budget, and benefit the regional and local markets
- Ensure visibility of MI Centralized Content Model to advance local market utilization and reduce duplication of medical content materials
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses on projects and initiatives to proactively escalate issues, propose solutions and modify strategies
- Monitor and act on key risks to minimize disruptions and maximize results
- Maintain a continuous line of communication, keeping the leadership MI informed of all critical issues
- Continuously assess and identify bests practices, priorities and opportunities to improve effectiveness of the MI team.
- Leading business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Partnering with key stakeholders on the development of detailed business cases for new IT solutions
- Dedicated to finding opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions for MI
- Lead the development, execution and on-going maintenance of the MI communications strategy across multiple BBU and OBU
- Develop and implement clear, consistent, and impactful communications that are strategically aligned with MI goals and initiatives
- Drive collaborative alignment with cross-functional stakeholders to identify pertinent data and solicit functional expertise and feedback, ensuring communications are developed with a high degree of integrity and relevance
- Solicit and understand local market medical content communications needs and reflect insights accordingly in MI deliverables
Minimum Requirements – Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- A degree in science or MBA is preferred, but not required
- Expertise in the creation of PowerPoint presentations creative arts, design, communications, or other relevant subjects
- Knowledge of design software and presentation programs
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal and written/spoken communication skills
- Corporate and/or internal communications experience
- Knowledge and experience with the AMA Manual of Style.
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong presentation design portfolio demonstrating expert-level knowledge in PowerPoint, including use of multiple masters, color themes, animations, actions, and video
- Ability to identify the most efficient way to develop and deliver effective, succinct communications
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Proven flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to think strategically and deliver long range communication and change management plans that are aligned with broader organizational goals
- Ability to set and manage priorities, resources and project initiatives in a global and regional environment
- Ability to work in a complex, evolving, global environment
- Ability to work and build effective relationships across functions and geographies
- Proven project management capabilities and ability to coordinate and manage linkages within context of global projects
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate with various roles within the organization
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.