Workplace Platform Service Manager (AZ Social Tool)
AstraZeneca is a global, creative, bio-pharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an extraordinary workplace culture that drives innovation and teamwork. Here, we encourage our teams to express diverse perspectives - making you feel valued, energised and rewarded for your ideas and creativity.
We are now actively on the search for a Workplace Service Manager to join the team within End User Services.
The End User Services function provides IT Services for the entire AZ organisation. The function is truly global in scale with team members across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
The EndUserServices function includes the CustomerEffectivenessTeam: Accountable for ensuring the ‘effective delivery’ of EUS services to our global customers. The team includes AskIT, IT Events, IT Education, Acceptance into Service, IT Portal, Onsite Services, Workplace and other customer facing services.
The Workplace (by Facebook) ServiceManager will ensure efficient, effective and thorough management of the Workplace Platform and Aware Application. Including service provision, change or enhancements, by coordinating AstraZeneca’s live service environment, ensuring no disruption to the business or ongoing service delivery. The Workplace Service Manager will also work closely with the cross-functional Workplace Steering Group and be responsible for monthly service review meetings and monthly Governance with Corporate Affairs.
The Workplace Service Manager is responsible for:
- Effective Service Management and process adherence to ensure Workplace services are delivered within KPIs, complimented with accurate service reporting and performance measures. This includes other applications integrated to deliver the overall service.
- Effective stakeholder management to ensure business requirements or challenges are understood and new capabilities are implemented as well as driving continual service improvement.
- Effective Vendor relationship management to ensure our vision & strategy is aligned and we remain aware of roadmap activities and future platform developments across all products related to Workplace and it’s integrations.
- Implement and foster collaboration with other service and innovation teams to ensure the development/delivery of service enhancements or integrations aligned to overall AZ IT strategy.
- Ensure new capabilities are introduced into production with minimal disruption to our customers supported by robust change and clear and concise communication management plans
- You will be a champion of the Workplace product, maintain high personal utilisation, leading by example on Workplace across IT and and marketing/driving adoption across the business.
- Own and manage Workplace reporting capabilities and business requests within GDPR regulations.
- Manage access requirements and lifecycle housekeeping activities to ensure the platform is governed and remains compliant and accurate.
For the avoidance of doubt, Workplace is the Workplace by Facebook Social Platform within AstraZeneca, not Workplace office.
Candidate Focus & Challenge
Customer & Relationships
- Accountable for supporting business exploitation and use of Workplace, acting as Workplace Champion/Evangelist across Global IT.
- Build close working relationship with IT & Business Communication Leaders and Digital Leaders in Corporate Affairs to support their needs from Workplace as the company social platform.
- Build and maintain relationships with other parties for integration or business interest, e.g. Conferencing Team, Business Relationship Managers, BOT platform owners.
- Work closely with EUS Comms Lead on effective use of Workplace for EUS and other IT communications to IT staff and/or business staff.
- Work closely with IT Training and Best Practice Leads to drive education and best practice initiatives supporting workplace usability and exploitation.
Service and Supplier Management
- Accountable for the delivery of Workplace service and work with ECT leads to ensure the allocation of service management resources covering Workplace requirements.
- Own effective implementation of service delivery processes, including (but not exhaustive) e.g. Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Knowledge, KPIs, Financial Management, Security and Compliance for Workplace.
- Manage and approve all service changes, improvements, escalations, ensure that impact on business functions is minimised and that the service catalogue of requestable service is up-to-date.
- Ensure collaboration with other Service Managers, Technical Teams and Innovation Leads to develop Service Improvement Plans and road-maps that deliver customer satisfaction via continual service improvement
- Deliver maximum operational value to AZ from relationships with internal and external suppliers, serving as the main contractual lead representing AZ to external supplier organizations.
Service & Performance
- Manage stakeholder requirements and where needed challenge thinking so that solutions developed meet expectations in terms of cost and quality and customer experience.
- Drive service improvements ensuring platform providers deliver and use analysis to measure and benchmark for KPIs.
- Drive the analysis of trends/insights from multiple data sources to inform stakeholder reporting and future improvements.
- Ensure effective housekeeping activities are run to keep content fresh and accurate including reporting capabilities (currently PowerBI Dashboard).
Governance & Tools
- Coordinate Service Review Boards with Workplace and internal stakeholders, manage output.
- Develop and maintain alignment between Platform provider and support teams to ensure all process handoffs work correctly.
- Ensure effective service management tools, monitoring and processes are implemented in accordance with AZ standards and procedures and to support service management.
- Own and support the eDRT tool Aware that is aligned to Workplace.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong experience implementing and running service/platforms.
- Familiarity with Workplace and latest trends and activity for the area of Social Networking.
- Strong communication skills with the drive to evangelise, promote a service.
- ITIL V3 Foundation experience and service run.
- Experienced in governing service across Stakeholders, Architecture, Engineering & Service Management.
- A clear communicator, methodical, disciplined, confident & assertive to interface with stakeholders at all levels of the business and collaborate with teams.
- Excellent supplier relationship skills with knowledge and experience of contract management, service level management and strategic management.
Desirable but not essential
- Data analysis and presentation skills (e.g. MS Excel & MS PowerPoint)
- Business Administration / Information Service Degree
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Financial acumen
- Experience of running developments and improvements to a globally consumed service.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.