SPEAC Brand Head - CVRM
Title: SPEAC Brand Head for Cotadutide and Early CVRM Assets
Location: Gaithersburg US / Cambridge UK
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
We are seeking an experienced commercial leader to effectively partner with our global emerging product teams, market affiliates and external partners to shape and build a winning CVRM portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for:
Commercial strategy, planning & valuation of Cotadutide and other emerging CVRM assets
(CDID through Ph3 ID):
- Shape CVRM disease area and products strategies
- Objectively analyze and commercially evaluate internal and exernal assets considering product profile, competitive positioning, unmet need, pricing and market access, etc.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary effort to create differentiated disease area and asset specific target product profiles (TPPs) that are validated with insights from external experts and/or key customer groups
- Lead the commercial subteam of early product teams and the cotadutide global brand team; serve as BBU global commercial voice for the brand in all cross functional and decision making forums
- Utilize deep customer and market insights to inform the design of clinical development programs and regulatory plans that effectively address unmet customer needs and delivers optimum value back to the business
- Create clear, actionable, winning brand strategies that incorporate feedback from key markets
- Produce detailed strategic and operational commercial plans that address positioning, segmentation, pricing, value proposition, target market selection, etc.. Track and manage associated budget to target.
- Lead the development and delivery of an optimized customer insight plan that delivers deep and actionable insights on key outstanding business questions required to inform product development and brand strategy plans as well as asset valuation
- Oversee the development and transparent communication of future proofed revenue forecasts and business cases that are informed by robust customer insights with an overlay of commercial judgement.
- Manage marketing relationships with agencies, vendor partners, consultants, and other third-party groups
- Build and maintain external and internal networks of disease area experts
- Collaborate with VP/Head of SPEAC (and other team members) to deliver cotadutide global ambition, including successful phase transitions in all indications.
- As business needs dictate, build and lead a team of talented marketers; taking responsibility responsible for their ongoing development and career success
Internal and External Contacts/Customers:
- Significant engagement and collaboration with marketing company commercial leaders
- Cross functional teams – Research, Development, Pharm Dev, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Pricing and Market Access, Business Insights, Business Development, Regional commercial teams
- Key external stakeholders; eg, HCPs in Ad Boards and at congresses (as appropriate)
- Governance boards and Sr. Leaders
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BA/BS is required
- Experience in pharmaceutical development and commercialization
- Demonstrated success leading global multi-disciplinary teams to deliver: effective commercial brand and disease area strategies, compelling business cases, and a wide variety of licensing proposals
- Strong working knowledge of forecasting, market research, actionable insight generation, and competitive landscape analysis and interpretation
- Advanced internal and external stakeholder/partner engagement skills with demonstrated ability to seamlessly navigate scientific and commercial organizations to drive favorable business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to influence laterally and vertically
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication/presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Scientific curiosity
- Advanced degree (MBA or PhD) in life science and/or business management
- Relevant Therapeutic Area knowledge - CVRM
- Commercial/ marketing role in US or Large Markets with Launch Experience
- Broad US/Global professional relationships with Key External Experts in NASH, Obesity, Type Two Diabetes
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.