Senior Data & Analytics Engineer - 2 Year FTC
AstraZeneca is a global biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, you would express diverse perspectives, contribute to an energised environment and provide creative ideas - and be rewarded for this.
We are recruiting for engineers to be based at our Central Cambridge site. As an engineer you will support solution development, provide technical leadership, and take responsibility for delivery. You have a broad range of knowledge and experience across data & analytics. You will work almost exclusively on our AWS data platform. You will join a team that has delivered cloud solutions, such as the development of auto-scaling containerised ETL. Similarly, we have built an automated ETL test harness which integrates with our evolving CI/CD processes.
This role will be focused on working with our Global Business Services division. We have a significant backlog of work including: industrialising our data science output, building industrialised scalable data feeds, and data provisioning to support business insights.
You'll be part of a team of engineers who work closely with IT colleagues in Chennai. You would be the technical point of reference on projects. You would need a collaborative delivery approach to be successful. We prefer to use Agile but choose the appropriate approach for the project. So, experience of a variety of delivery management approaches will come in useful. You will provide technical leadership throughout our software development lifecycle, from the initial development of a technical design based on a blueprint, right through to hypercare. Do you have a real passion for delivering well engineered data and analytics solutions? Because this will make you stand out from other applicants.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of big data, ETL & cloud techniques and tools (we currently use Talend. Redshift (inc. Spectrum), Glue, EMR, HIVE, PIG, Spark, S3, SQS, SNS),
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to understand business needs and translate them into a solution,
- You will be able to design and document development best practices,
- You must have strong analytical and data manipulation ability,
- You will need great interpersonal skills & a collaborative approach to delivery.
Desirable skills and experience
- You have experience of technical leadership in data and analytics,
- You are very likely to have experience of Agile practices, especially being a SCRUM Master,
- You will have delivery experience across key elements of the data & analytics domain,
- Experience of visualisation technologies (we are focused on OBIEE and Microstrategy).
We can also offer this position on a part time basis also.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.