Oncology Medical Training Leader, Solid Tumor
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking and ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have built and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do dynamic and significant work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of building life changing medicine.
We are hiring a new role, Global Medical Academy Training Leader, who is responsible for designing and executing the solid tumor educational curriculum to support the AstraZeneca medical team worldwide. You will partner with the with Global Medical Affairs Leads (GMAL) to identify global medical training needs and develop assets to address them. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively developing innovative trainings and metrics to assess their success. and develop a network within the organization to assist in the development and successful implementation of activities across teams throughout the organization.
- You are also responsible for supporting on-line portals to deliver engaging and innovative e- learning modules and training globally.
- Lead the assessment of knowledge gaps and identify scientific training needs with other Global Medical Affairs functions as well as colleagues in the marketing countries
- Lead the development of new scientific content to meet the changing knowledge and capability requirements of medical personnel and especially customer-facing roles in Medical Affairs
- Proactively communicate with Global Medical Information and key country medical leads to global stakeholders to, ensure awareness of currently available and future scientific content
- Training will need to include disease state, patient journey, therapeutic landscape, preclinical, clinical and real-world evidence data from within AZ.
- Identify, manage and collaborate with outsource providers for development of new content material and training
- Partner with external experts to help identify and develop new trainings
- Partner with Global MSL Excellence roles to collaborate the incorporation of skill training when appropriate
- Create and maintain in-person training plan and roll-out to markets
- Support the localization of training in the United States
- Evaluate overall curricula and certifications within OMT to identify best practices and drive ongoing improvements
- Engage the learner through innovative e-learning techniques and utilize adult learning principles, to create, update, and maintain trainings
- Ensure compliance with global guidelines and policies, processes and procedures
- Responsible for review and approval of material prior to posting to any on-line portals
- Deliver high performance, efficiency and effectiveness of the OMT team by improving on benchmarks, best practices and SOPs related to scientific content, data, and skills
- Develop and execute activities to measure the effectiveness in meeting educational objectives
Required Experience -- Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline or applicable health sciences field (master’s degree or higher) or a bachelor’s degree with clinical experience
- Experience in solid tumor oncology
- Medical affairs experience in pharmaceutical industry (8 years plus) and significant experience in global teams
- Experience in creating and implementing training programs
- Understanding of adult education learning principles and how to engage learner through innovative techniques
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.