Global Operations Apprenticeship Programme (UK)
Our apprenticeship scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national company alongside industry experts. Many of our apprentices go on to enjoy full time positions both in their apprenticeship department and other areas of the business. As well as gaining valuable work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to work towards a professional qualification, depending on your chosen department.
Find out where our apprenticeship programmes are based here.
About the programme
Our apprenticeship programme starts in September every year and could include positions in the following areas within our Macclesfield site:
- Supply Chain – located within a Logistics team, you will be working on a four-year degree-level apprenticeship to ensure medicines reach their final destinations both in the UK and abroad. If you work within Study Management, you’ll be part of a team of Supply Chain professionals who work in collaboration with customer functions such as Clinical, to influence and manage the demand for drugs for individual clinical trial studies or sourcing. Your team will be responsible for finding and working with external global suppliers who provide a wide range of services, to develop, manufacture, analyse, pack and distribute potential new medicines to clinical trials around the world.
- Manufacturing – this two-year apprenticeship offers plant-based learning with practical, on-the-job training. You will rotate between plants and products, working alongside industry professionals to gain a broad experience within each department.
- Technician Scientist – this three-year apprenticeship is laboratory-based with a practical emphasis on either Chemical or Biological Science. Working within Quality, your role will be testing life-saving medicines.
- Laboratory Scientist – these four or five-year apprenticeships are laboratory-based with a practical emphasis on Chemical Sciences. Working within Pharmaceutical Technology and Development, your role will be formulating or testing life-saving medicines.
- Business Development – this four-year apprenticeship offers the chance to experience a scientific environment outside of a laboratory, providing contracting and administrative support around innovation projects within the Innovation Strategy & External Liaison (ISEL) Group.
- Engineering Maintenance Technician – during this four-year course, the first year will be based at a local college to give you the core knowledge of Engineering; following college, your final three years will be based at our sites, rotating between the various plants and technician roles, working alongside mentors to gain experience and plant knowledge.
- Project Management – this two-year apprenticeship as a Project Administrator offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic working environment alongside project and change managers who deliver a wide range of large, complex and novel projects.
To fulfil your potential and create a lasting career with our assistance and support. Development opportunities include:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic people with a passion to learn
- Please view individual adverts for specific entry requirements
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading BioPharmaceutical company.