About the programme
In AstraZeneca IT, we are passionate about driving technological innovation, and continuously improving our IT environment to ensure our internal teams can do their best work and successfully deliver our business goals. We do this by encouraging creative thinking and new ideas, whilst maintaining a strong customer focus. This enables us to fully understand all of our business areas, how they operate and how we, in IT, create maximum value for them. We need great people who share our passion for technology-led science, and are driven, enthusiastic and have strong team working skills. In return, we will support your formal and ‘on the job’ development, making the most of your skills and desire to help you in reaching your ultimate career aspirations.
How does the programme work?
During this 4-year programme, you will be embedded in a highly driven and successful User Experience (UX) team in Macclesfield, whilst having the opportunity to interact and work with other parts of the business that will help your applied design, research, psychology and business skills to professional levels and beyond.
Throughout your UX apprenticeship with us you could carry out some of the following roles:
- User research – both qualitative and quantitative (e.g. lab-based usability studies and surveys)
- Data analysis and report writing
- UX and business strategy – e.g. understanding business needs and aligning with UX efforts and tools
- Information architecture – e.g. the design and structure of content and information for digital tools and services
- User interface and digital product design (the design of mobile and web-based tools and products etc.)
- Research and design into novel technology – e.g. Voice design, Augmented and Virtual reality (AR/VR)
- Applied psychology – e.g. behavioural design and research and applied cognitive and social psychology in product design
For example, you could be a UX researcher, working with a patient and gathering feedback on a digital health tool that the team have designed – such as designing a smart-watch prototype to help someone with a respiratory disease stay on track with taking their medication. You may also work with different parts of IT and the business to see how UX can add value and integrate to improve performance through UX training.
How we will support you
The IT function is a huge advocate of early careers and we all want you to succeed. In return for the passion and energy you will bring to the function, we will support your apprenticeship all the way. Whichever role you work in, you will always be encouraged to fulfil all your potential. You will have access to excellent development opportunities, playing a crucial role in your team, whilst being supported to network and socialise with your peers so you can see the impact of your creativity, ideas and innovation. As you join us, you will be supported by your line manager, a mentor and a buddy from the business. Your buddy will be an existing/ex-apprentice to support your onboarding into AstraZeneca and your role You will also have the added support of an engaged programme partner who will be alongside you at every step of the way.
Where you will be based
This apprenticeship will be based at the Macclesfield campus.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic individuals
- A passion to learn
- A real passion for technology and science
- Quick and agile thinker
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong organisation skills
- Demonstrable initiative
Please see individual job advertisements for specific educational requirements.
Parents, Carers and Teachers
For information that may be useful to parents, carers and teachers please visit this page.