Oncology IMED Apprenticeship Programme (UK)
About the IMED apprentice programme
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. Our scientific research and development is afforded the utmost respect so we give our people the same. We do everything we can to make sure each AstraZeneca person has everything they need to stretch themselves and see what they can achieve.
Our apprenticeship scheme offers a unique opportunity to learn and work in a multi-national drug-discovery company alongside industry experts. AstraZeneca’s research group are based in the Cambridge area where a brand new state-of-the-art scientific facility is currently being built. You will be working alongside world-class scientists contributing to research focused on developing the next generation of medicines.
About the programme
- Oncology Chemistry - these roles are focused on the chemical synthesis and analysis of new oncology drugs. You will be based within the Oncology chemistry laboratory and will work in close collaboration with and analytical, synthetic and computational chemists to make, test and purify drug substances. Degree course studies will be supplemented with hands-on training in all aspects of drug discovery chemistry.
- Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) – these roles are focused on understanding how potential new oncology drugs might behave in the body – i.e. how it is absorbed, distributed, metabolised and eliminated from the body. You will work with scientists within the oncology DMPK team to learn experimental techniques to deliver vital scientific understanding of the DMPK properties of our new drugs.
To fulfil your potential and create a lasting career, we will help you in any way we can, including:
- Reporting to a supportive line manager and personal mentor
- Giving you the chance to network and socialise
- Professional and in-house training schemes and qualifications
- Being a part of a successful team.
What we're looking for:
- Enthusiastic individuals with a passion to learn
- Please view individual adverts for specific entry requirements
- High aspirations and a desire to become part of a world-leading bio-pharmaceutical company